Why is protection from falling important?
Working at height can be dangerous if proper safety precautions are not taken. Many workers are injured or fall to their deaths each year because they do not realize the hazards of working at height. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration - OSHhttps://youtu.be/EHzWVwyRZFEA, "falls are among the most common causes of serious work related injuries and deaths." What can employers do to increase safety on the job?
What can be done to reduce falls?
Injuries and fatalities from falling remain a major occupational safety concern. A safety harness is an essential piece of equipment for anyone working at height. The fall protection harness worn should be a "full-body harness" that wraps around your staff's trunk, shoulders, and thighs. If an employee falls, a full-body harness will more evenly distribute force across the body, and that in turn will reduce the risk of serious injuries. A safety harness can protect from falls and save the life of your employee.
It is essential to wear a safety harness correctly and be appropriately trained in using it. There should be no frays, cuts, or signs of splitting. Check for worn stitching and damage to buckles, D rings, and adjusters. All equipment parts must have their integrity confirmed as safe by a competent person before use.
Sivad Group, LLC sells a range of safety harnesses to keep you safe on the job. Today, Sivad Group, LLC will be discussing the the full body harness 3M™ PROTECTA® PRO™ Construction Style Positioning Harness.
What are the 6 benefits of Protecta Pro Harness?
- EASY LINK: Web adapter enables fast and easy attachment of personal self-retracting lifelines and keeps the D-ring available for lanyards, overhead SRLs or rescue devices.
- FIXED D RING: Having a fixed D ring reduces the need for readjustment throughout the workday.
- COMFORT: Specifically designed for added comfort. Softer and more robust hip pad is 3.5x thicker for extra comfort. Plus, this harness is moisture-wicking, has breathable back padding with soft edging for added comfort. Also the U-shaped neck has moisture wicking padding designed to help reduce chafing and sweat buildup.
- DURABLE: Durable and sturdy belt for tool bag-carrying convenience.
- COMPLIANT: ANSI Z359.11 compliant, auto-resetting lanyard keepers, for fast and easy parking of snap hooks and carabiners.
- EASY DAMAGE INSPECTION: Impact indicators make it easy to inspect the harness for damage due to impact loads.
Safety Is Number One
When working at height, it is essential to put safety first. Companies can do this by using the right construction safety equipment.
Sivad Group, LLC offers quantity discounts. Contact us today for your construction personal protection equipment needs.
CAUTION: Protecta Pro Harness is for industrial / occupational use only. Always consult directly with OSHA compliance standards and manufacturer manual before using equipment.